Lunt Calcium K Module
SPECIAL ORDER: 2-3 Week Lead-time
Ships To: United States & Canada 🇺🇸 🇨🇦
✓ Free U.S. Shipping (on most orders over $150 USD)
✓ Price Match Available
✓ Authorized Dealer
✓ Bulk Order Discounts Available
✓ Questions? Call Us 1-800-860-3429
Ships In: 1-3 Business Days
Estimated Delivery Time: 3-7 Business Days
Shipping & Returns
We offer Free Shipping across the United States (Lower 48 States) on most orders over $100 USD.
Shipping fees will apply on most orders shipping across Canada, with some exceptions.
We also offer a 30 Day Return Policy on most of the products that we carry. Some limitations may apply.
For full details on our Shipping & Returns Policy, please click here.
The vast majority of products that we sell, with a few exceptions, are covered under Warranty.
To view the Warranty details for each brand that we sell, including products that do not qualify for Warranty, please visit here.
Lunt Calcium K Module - including the B600, B1200, or B1800 Blocking Filter - available in a Diagonal or Straight-Through Tube
Exploring the wavelength of 393.4 nm, Calcium K (Ca-K) telescopes and filters unveil a unique emission line, one of two produced by Calcium at the edge of the visible spectrum.
Positioned in a cooler layer beneath Hydrogen-alpha observations, this line reveals vibrant super granulation cells, particularly in regions abundant with magnetic fields like sunspots and active areas.
The study of both Calcium K and Hydrogen-alpha lines offers invaluable insights into the intricate structure, strength, and depth of these dynamic regions.
Lunt Solar Systems Calcium K modules prove versatile, seamlessly integrating with most standard nighttime refractors or the innovative Modular Telescopes in their nighttime configuration.
Centered at 393.4 nm, this wavelength resides slightly beyond the visible spectrum on the UV side.
While the violet color is perceptible to most observers, the challenge lies in contrasting details due to corneal yellowing.
Notably, individuals who have undergone cataract surgery often report enhanced visibility of considerable detail.
However, for comprehensive studies, the Ca-K line is predominantly examined through cameras, capable of capturing stunning details.
The inclusion of internal narrowband filters allows for a <2.4 Angstrom bandpass, emphasizing its role as a primarily imaging system.
Given the challenge many face in visually perceiving the entirety of what Calcium K has to offer, the utilization of cameras becomes instrumental in unlocking the full potential of this intricate astronomical phenomenon.
Choose the best Calcium K Module for your Telescope Size and Focal Length:
- B600: For telescopes up to 100 mm aperture and 600 mm focal length
- B1200: For telescopes up to 100 mm aperture and 1200 mm focal length
- B1800: For telescopes up to 100 mm aperture and 1800 mm focal length
- Wavelength Study: Specifically designed for studying the wavelength of 393.4 nm, the LUNT Calcium K (Ca-K) telescopes and filters provide a detailed exploration of this emission line.
- Insights into Solar Activity: By enabling the study of both Calcium K and Hydrogen-alpha lines, the module offers vital insights into the structure, strength, and depth of active solar regions.
- Layer Differentiation: Positioned just at the edge of the visible spectrum, the emission line occurs in a layer slightly lower and cooler than the layer observed in Hydrogen-alpha.
- Super Granulation Cells: The emission line reveals areas of super granulation cells, particularly pronounced in regions with high magnetic fields, such as sunspots and active areas.
- Compatibility with Nighttime Telescopes: Lunt Solar Systems Calcium K modules are versatile, compatible with most standard nighttime refractors, or seamlessly integrated into Lunt's new Modular Telescopes in their nighttime configuration.
- Optimal Usage Range: The Calcium K modules are centered at 393.4 nm, slightly outside the visible spectrum on the UV side, providing a comprehensive view of solar phenomena.
- Visual Perception Challenges: While the violet color is visible to most observers, the contrast may be challenging due to corneal yellowing. Individuals who have undergone cataract surgery often report enhanced detail perception.
- Imaging System with Internal Narrowband Filters: Internal narrowband filters allow for a <2.4 Angstrom bandpass, making the Calcium K module primarily suited for imaging systems. This is due to the difficulty many face in visually perceiving all that Calcium K has to offer.
✓ LUNT Calcium K Module
✓ Choice of Blocking Filter (B600, B1200, or B1800)
✓ Choice of Blocking Filter Tube (2" Diagonal or Straight-Through Tube)
✓ Instructional Manual
✓ Limited 5 year Warranty